Re: Architecture Roadmap?

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Architecture Roadmap?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
James Rogers wrote:
> While these should generate some performance improvements on smaller
> databases, more important to me is that it will go along way to making
> it scale more like Oracle when dealing with very large and active
> systems (my current problem). It has been a few years, but I've done
> implementations of most of these features in software before.
>
> So I guess I have two questions:
>
> 1) Does anyone object to me working on these two areas?

Sounds good.  I assume you have read the developers FAQ.  I would ask on
the list about each item to we can give you tips and get you in touch
with anyone else who knows about that topic.

> 2) What version target should I realistically be shooting for?

They would be all 7.5.  We are only doing bug fixes now.  There is no
limit to what can be added to a major release, if that is your concern.

Pennsylvania19073