Re: Open 7.4 items

От Stephan Szabo
Тема Re: Open 7.4 items
Дата
Re: Open 7.4 items  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, 5 Oct 2003, Tom Lane wrote:

> Stephan Szabo <sszabo@megazone.bigpanda.com> writes:
> >> Improve speed of building of constraints during restore
>
> > Did we get consensus on what to do with this,
>
> Not really, it was still up in the air I thought.  However, the
> discussion will become moot if we don't have an implementation
> of the faster-checking alternative to look at pretty soon.  Do you
> have something nearly ready to show?

It's not cleaned up, but yes. It appears to work for the simple tests I've
done and should fall back if the permissions don't work to do a single
query on both tables.

I wasn't sure what to do about some of the spi error conditions.  For many
of them I'm just returning false now so that it will try the other
mechanism in case that might work. I'm not really sure if that's worth it,
or if I should just elog(ERROR) and give up.