Re: Type of application that use PostgreSQL

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: Type of application that use PostgreSQL
Дата
Re: Type of application that use PostgreSQL
Список pgsql-general
On Thursday 02 October 2003 19:55, Network Administrator wrote:
> Quoting Richard Huxton <dev@archonet.com>:
> >      [stuff deleted]
> >
> > Stability is good. If you're feeling cautious, you could use 7.3.4 rather
> > than
> > the forthcoming 7.4. It's had hot-backup (i.e. no need to stop the db to
> > get
> >
> > a valid snapshot) for ages. It has a write-ahead-log to replay active
> > transactions in case of a crash, and a couple of replication options.

> Is the ability to do "hot-backups" removed from 7.4.x?  I haven't read the
> all of the beta3 docs yet.

As Bruno says - no (and I can't imagine why anyone would).

I was merely suggesting the fact that the 7.3 series is at it's fourth minor
revision means it's received a lot more testing, whereas 7.4.0 still has the
paint wet on it.

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd