Re: Index/Function organized table layout

От Alvaro Herrera Munoz
Тема Re: Index/Function organized table layout
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Oct 02, 2003 at 10:09:12PM +0300, Hannu Krosing wrote:

> So what you really need is the CLUSTER command to leave pages half-empty
> and the tuple placement logic on inserts/updates to place new tuples
> near the place where they would be placed by CLUSTER. I.e. the code that
> does actual inserting should be aware of CLUSTERing.

Oh, you mean like what I half-proposed in

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2002-06/msg00968.php

BTW, this is the one message (the one on the CVS log I cite at the end)
that got me into Postgres hacking.  The little involvement I've had has
been great.  Thanks to all PostgreSQL hackers!

"El realista sabe lo que quiere; el idealista quiere lo que sabe" (Anonimo)