Re: Thoughts on maintaining 7.3

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Thoughts on maintaining 7.3
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Oct 01, 2003 at 11:53:12AM -0700, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> >Eh?  In 7.4 you should not need to reindex.
>
> I thought tom was saying that the index bloat was "better" in 7.4 but it
> was not gone... thus we would still need reindex yes?

The problem has been "corrected enough" for there to be no need to
reindex, AFAIK.

I think what Tom is concerned about is that this hasn't been tested
enough with big datasets.  Also there a little loss of index pages but
it's much less (orders of magnitude, I think) than what was before.
This is because the index won't shrink "vertically".

"I dream about dreams about dreams", sang the nightingale
under the pale moon (Sandman)

Сообщение: Re: Thoughts on maintaining 7.3
Сообщение: Re: Thoughts on maintaining 7.3