Re: adressing column

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: adressing column
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wednesday 01 October 2003 11:20, Stefan Leitich wrote:
> i have the following function:
[snip code]

> now i am searching for a way, to access my_column in my_record (now it
> just works if  my_column = 'col')
> can anyone help please!

That's not going to work in plpgsql at the moment. Because it's "compiled", it
has problems with things like this.

The usual answer is to use pltcl or some other more dynamic language.

In you particular example you could just build your execute statement as:
 ... || my_column || ' AS foo FROM ' || ...

Then you can access the column as "foo"
--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd