Re: [BUGS] pg_tablespace.spclocation column removed in 9.2

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [BUGS] pg_tablespace.spclocation column removed in 9.2
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Pavel Golub <pavel@microolap.com> writes:
> I'm aware of problems caused by this hard coded column. My proposal is
> to convert pg_tablespace to system view may be?

It's not that easy to make a 100% backwards compatible view for a system
catalog.  The main sticking point is the OID column; see recent problems
with pg_roles' OID column for an example.  On the whole I don't think
renaming pg_tablespace and inserting a mostly-compatible view would be
a net advance.

More generally, I don't see that this particular incompatibility in
the system catalogs is worse than many others that we've perpetrated.