pgsql-server/ oc/src/sgml/install-win32.sgml r ...

От momjian@svr1.postgresql.org (Bruce Momjian)
Тема pgsql-server/ oc/src/sgml/install-win32.sgml r ...
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
CVSROOT:    /cvsroot
Module name:    pgsql-server
Changes by:    momjian@svr1.postgresql.org    03/09/29 15:21:33

Modified files:
    doc/src/sgml   : install-win32.sgml
    src/bin/psql   : startup.c

Log message:

    > >  a) Write documentation how the win32 console needs to be set up so that
    > >     psql can handle 8-bit characters.
    > >     Where should it be added? The Section "Installation on Windows" in the
    > >     Administrator's Guide seems natural to me.
    > >
    > >  b) Add code to psql that prints a warning on startup of psql when the
    > >     console codepage differs from the windows codepage, something like
    > >
    > >     Warning: Console codepage (850) differs from windows codepage (1252)
    > >              8-bit characters will not work correctly. See PostgreSQL
    > >              documentation "Installation on Windows" for details.

    Attached are two patches:

    - installdoc.patch contains an additional paragraph on the win32 console
    codepage for the chapter "Installation on Windows"
    Due to a lack of SGML-tools, I have only edited the text and not tested
    the SGML code - please check it before merging into the CVS branch.

    - psqlcodepage.patch adds the warning about a problematic codepage to psql.

    Christoph Dalitz