Re: pg_dump bug in 7.4

От Bruno Wolff III
Тема Re: pg_dump bug in 7.4
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Sep 28, 2003 at 23:16:48 -0400, Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us> wrote:
> Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:
> > If you are referring to my patch, Bruce - that does not fix it.  Mine
> > only addresses psql.
> >
> > I don't think that pg_dump uses pg_get_constraintdef().  It's probably a
> > side effect of switching from using consrc to conbin.
>

> Oh, yea.  If forgot the pretty printing only happens in psql.
>
> Can someone generate a reproducable failure?

You should be able to get my example to work pretty easily.

Create a table in a convenient database using the following:
create table test (col1 boolean constraint test check (col1));

Then pg_dump -c the database. As shown in my example below you
with have a check constraint that is missing parens which will
cause a syntax error if you try to reload the dump.