Re: Tomcat - PostgreSQL - Cannot load JDBC driver class "null"

От Paul Thomas
Тема Re: Tomcat - PostgreSQL - Cannot load JDBC driver class "null"
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
On 27/09/2003 10:23 Paul Thomas wrote:

> With a NullPointerException I presume? Try
>
>       DataSource ds =
> (DataSource)ctx.lookupLink("java:comp/env/jdbc/PersonalDb");
>
> And rememeber that the JDBC driver _must_ be in common/lib and _must
> not_ be in the classpath.

Whoops! Actually looking at source code instead relying on memory, that
should be something like

        InitialContext cxt = new InitialContext();
        Context ctx2 = (Context)ctx.lookup("java:comp/env");
        DataSource ds = (DataSource)ctx2.lookupLink("jdbc/PersonalDb");

Which is the only way I could find which worked on Tomcat 4.1.12. I've
just retried this on 4.1.24

        InitialContext cxt = new InitialContext();
        DataSource ds =
(DataSource)ctx.lookup("java:comp/env/jdbc/PersonalDb");

and that works too so whatever the problem was on the older version seems
to have been fixed.

--
Paul Thomas
Business |