Re: 2-phase commit

От Kevin Brown
Тема Re: 2-phase commit
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Kevin Brown wrote:
> > Actually, all that's really necessary is the ability to call a stored
> > procedure when some event occurs.  The stored procedure can take it from
> > there, and since it can be written in C it can do anything the postgres
> > user can do (for good or for ill, of course).
>
> But the postmaster doesn't connect to any database, and in a serious
> failure, might not be able to start one.

Ah, true.  But I figured that in the context of 2PC and replication that
most of the associated failures were likely to occur in an active
backend or something equivalent, where a stored procedure was likely to
be accessible.

But yes, you certainly want to account for failures where the database
itself is unavailable.  So I guess my original comment isn't strictly
true.  :-)

--
Kevin Brown                          kevin@sysexperts.com

Сообщение: Re: ADD FOREIGN KEY (was Re: [GENERAL] 7.4Beta)
Сообщение: Re: ADD FOREIGN KEY (was Re: [GENERAL] 7.4Beta)