Re: Memory buffer alignment

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Memory buffer alignment
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> > it certainly seems like it would be a good idea to have the 8k buffers
> > aligned on 4k offsets.
>
> Why?  What mechanism do you expect would find that more efficient?

There was the idea that some OS's can swap the pages in from kernel into
the user space. I am not sure any one does that, but it would be
interesting to see.  Also, a single shared buffer access would be a
single virtual memory lookup, rather than two lookups.  Not sure, but it
would interesting to see.

Pennsylvania19073

Сообщение: Re: getaddrinfo() for threading instead of gethostbyname()
Сообщение: Re: getaddrinfo() for threading instead of gethostbyname()