Re: initdb failure (was Re: [GENERAL] sequence's plpgsql)

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: initdb failure (was Re: [GENERAL] sequence's plpgsql)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Sep 27, 2003 at 01:08:37PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> > That is all besides the point.  If adding -f to the command line is for
> > some reason prohibitive, then the same applies to -e.  That is all.
>
> Seems we should recommend -f rather than "<" for restores anyway, right?

Please keep in mind that it is not always possible to use -f.  In my
case I had a file larger than 2GB and psql was compiled without large
file support.  Detecting an error in that situation would have required
recompiling psql.

Also I don't see the point in not extending the context message of the
error.  It's not like it's going to take too much processing power, nor
screen estate, so what is it?

"Right now the sectors on the hard disk run clockwise, but I heard a rumor that
you can squeeze 0.2% more throughput by running them counterclockwise.
It's worth the effort. Recommended."  (Gerry Pourwelle)

Сообщение: Re: initdb failure (was Re: [GENERAL] sequence's plpgsql)
Сообщение: Re: initdb failure (was Re: [GENERAL] sequence's plpgsql)