Re: FreeBSD Thread-safe functions ...

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: FreeBSD Thread-safe functions ...
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> After hearing that FreeBSD wasn't thread safe, I posted to the FreeBSD
> lists to find out what is up ...
>
> FreeBSD 5.x has a getpwuid_r function that should be used ... and, the
> word I got from one of the developers was that getaddrinfo(3) should be
> used instead of gethostbyname ...
>
> Now, getpwuid_r is still not available in 4.x, so we still will fail over
> there, and I've seen nothing to indicate that it will be MFCd down, but
> getaddrinfo is available in both ...

OK, I have adjusted the thread test program so it has its own Makefile
and is now in src/tools/thread.  I also added code so gethostbyname is
tested only if getaddrinfo isn't present.

Would people please retest their operating sysystems using this program?
I think we had a few OS's that failed the test originally because
gethostbyname wasn't thread-safe, and that is probably not tested
anymore on that OS.

Pennsylvania19073