Re: Use of $(THREAD_CFLAGS) in CPPFLAGS

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Use of $(THREAD_CFLAGS) in CPPFLAGS
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> > Actually, the most common THREAD_CFLAGS is -pthread, used by Solaris,
> > OSF, and FreeBSD 4.X.  Only Linux uses -D flags for threading.
>
> So is -pthread a compile-time or link-time flag?
>
> If we need both THREAD_CPPFLAGS and THREAD_CFLAGS then let's go ahead
> and invent both.

I just did a 'man gcc' on our PostgreSQL FreeBSD server and read:
      -pthread             Link a user-threaded process against libc_r instead of libc. Ob-             jects linked
intouser-threaded  processes  should  be  compiled             with -D_THREAD_SAFE.

so it seems it is a link flag, and they have a compile flag no one told
me about.  I already have it configured as a compile flag.  Let me fix
that.  I am working on the thread test program so I will commit it all
at once.

Pennsylvania19073