Re: Good way to insert/update when you're not sure of duplicates?

От Shridhar Daithankar
Тема Re: Good way to insert/update when you're not sure of duplicates?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Friday 26 September 2003 20:48, Dennis Gearon wrote:
> Shridhar Daithankar wrote:
> > In addition to that, you can try inserting from multiple backends
> > simaltenously to speed up the whole process.
> >
> > And I don't like the modes idea OP gave. I would rather follow
> > insert->if-error-update mode in a transaction for each record. And
> > fork over say 20/40 parallel backends to achieve good speed.
>
> I didn't think mulitple backends worked.

Why? Why can't you insert using multiple backends? I mean is there a problem?

Shridhar

От: Dennis Gearon
Сообщение: Re: Good way to insert/update when you're not sure of duplicates?
Сообщение: Re: Good way to insert/update when you're not sure of duplicates?