Re: Is this a commit problem?

От markw@osdl.org
Тема Re: Is this a commit problem?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 25 Sep, Tom Lane wrote:
> markw@osdl.org writes:
>> I take it PQexec() should wait until the COMMIT finishes?
>
> Yeah, it does.  Where is the next iteration of the transaction coming
> from?
>
> Another thought occurred to me --- you said you have many parallel
> instances of this transaction, but they affect different rows because
> they have different keys.  Is it possible there's a logic bug that
> occasionally allows parallel transactions to be fired with the same key?

Yeah, that thought has crossed my mind.  I did catch an addition error
in my logic that contributed to additional rollbacks. ;)  But I did try
to be diligent and output everything that was going on in the
transaction to make sure there weren't any parallel transactions with
the same key.  I feel confident that the logic is correct.

Mark