Re: Can't open Bash Shell with postgres user account

От Jason Tishler
Тема Re: Can't open Bash Shell with postgres user account
Дата
Список pgsql-cygwin
Mike,

On Wed, Sep 24, 2003 at 04:36:24PM -0400, Mike Leahy wrote:
> This is a new one:
>
> I've got cygwin/postgresql installed on a Spanish Win2K server platform.
> All is running fine except if I try to open cygwin with the postgres user
> account.  All I get is this message:
>
> *** CreateFileMapping, Win32 error 161.  Terminating.

The above *may* be related to a similar problem that I found with
proftpd and recent Cygwin versions.  See attached for the details.

What Cygwin version are you running?

    $ uname -a

What does the following indicate?

    $ net user postgres | fgrep Group

My suggestion is to post to the Cygwin list -- you will get more
traction there.

Jason

Pierre,

The following change breaks proftpd:

    http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-cvs/2003-q3/msg00237.html

By "breaks", I mean the following failure occurs when a user attempts
to authenticate:

    C:\Cygwin\usr\sbin\proftpd.exe: *** CreateFileMapping, Win32 error 5.  Terminating.

I was able to workaround and isolate the problem with the attached
"patch" -- that is reverting to the old behavior.

Any ideas on how to fix the problem correctly?

Thanks,
Jason

Вложения