Re: About GPL and proprietary software

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: About GPL and proprietary software
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Marten G Mickos wrote:
> Scott et co.,
>
> Thanks for your comment. Here is my response.
>
> First of all, let's remember that neither I nor MySQL AB (nor any of
> us) is an official authority for interpreting the GPL. Legally,
> affirmative answers can only be given by a competent court. The FSF
> is a natural authority on the GPL and whenever we are in doubt, we
> turn to them for advice. But not being the authority on the topic
> does not reduce our eagerness to discuss this topic!
>
> Robert Treat already pointed out two main points:
> - the GPL kicks in when you DISTRIBUTE

What does "internally" distribute mean?

    As long as you never distribute (internally or externally) the
    MySQL Software in any way, you are free to use it

from:

    http://www.mysql.com/products/licensing.html

I don't see "internally" mentioned in the GPL.  Again, I think it is an
attempt to extend the GPL as far as possible, and license FUD.

Сообщение: Re: About GPL and proprietary software
Сообщение: Re: About GPL and proprietary software