Re: [GENERAL] pgindented tsearch2 for 7.3.4

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [GENERAL] pgindented tsearch2 for 7.3.4
Дата
Re: [GENERAL] pgindented tsearch2 for 7.3.4  ("Nigel J. Andrews" <nandrews@investsystems.co.uk>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Nigel J. Andrews wrote:

> I never knew running indent was so damn complicated. All three of my
> development systems can not manage it without throughing a fault (I've
> absolutely no idea why indent in the shell works but doesn't in pgindent on
> one).
>
> Anyway, has anyone pgindented the version of tsearch2 that runs with 7.3.4? If
> so please email it to me. The tar file is tsearch-v2-stable.tar.gz, just for
> clarity and I can supply it if someone volunteers but doesn't have it.

There are about 6 files that can't be run through pgindent, and tsearch2
has one of them:
$ pgindent *.cHope you installed /src/tools/pgindent/indent.bsd.patch.gistidx.cError@186: Unbalanced parensWarning@187:
Extra)Error@314: Unbalanced parensWarning@315: Extra )Error@386: Unbalanced parensWarning@390: Extra )Error@427:
UnbalancedparensWarning@429: Extra )Error@439: Unbalanced parensWarning@440: Extra )Error@670: Unbalanced
parensWarning@671:Extra )Error@682: Unbalanced parensWarning@683: Extra )

It is actually this code that is causing it:
       LOOPBYTE(                if ((sign[i] & 0xff) != 0xff)                PG_RETURN_POINTER(retval);       );

With the macro being:
#define LOOPBYTE(a) \        for(i=0;i<SIGLEN;i++) {\                a;\        }

If you ask me, this is just _weird_ code and should not be allowed.

Pennsylvania19073