Re: OT: HEADS-UP: viral storm out there

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: OT: HEADS-UP: viral storm out there
Дата
Список pgsql-general
(I trimmed some of the cc:s)

On Fri, Sep 19, 2003 at 07:42:04PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Mike Mascari <mascarm@mascari.com> writes:
> > In keeping with being off topic, how do people feel about Verisign
> > wild-carding the .com and .net domain names so any miskeys

> voting with your feet: if you still have any domains registered via
> Network Solutions, reregister them elsewhere, immediately.

Note that, while NSI is indeed a VeriSign company, VGRS (VeriSign
Global Registry Services, the registry people) are the ones doing
this, _not_ Network Solutions.  That is, the action is at the
registry, not the registrar.

NSI competes to register names as a registrar.  VGRS has no
competition in running .com or .net registries, however, except
insofar as people register domains in other top-level domains.
I'm not in the marketing department here, though, so I'll not suggest
other top level domains you might want to use.  For the record, I am
not expressing any view on whether the wildcard idea is a good one,
although I certainly have an opinion on the matter.

----
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110