Re: State of Beta 2

От Marc G. Fournier
Тема Re: State of Beta 2
Дата
Список pgsql-general
actually, I didn't get near that kind of benefit ... with wal disabled,
and sort_mem/checkpoint_segments at default, I got:

  import start: 22:31:38
           end: 23:21:42 (~50min)
       buffers: 64
      sort_mem: 1024
  wal disabled: yes

with checkpoint_segments and sort_mem raised, I shaved about 8min:

       import start: 15:56:07
                end: 16:38:56 (~42min)
            buffers: 640
           sort_mem: 102400
checkpoint_segments: 64
       wal disabled: yes
     fsync disabled: yes

As a side note, a default install with 64 shared memory buffers came in
around 56min ... then again, if looking at percentages, that is about a
25% improvement ... it just doesn't look to be that big looking at the
straight #s :)