Question on adding new indexes to Postgresql

От Zhen Yang
Тема Question on adding new indexes to Postgresql
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello, I am posting to ask for some help and suggestions.

For a project I am doing in university, I need to add indexing
mechanisms to the Postgresql database (R+ tree, bitmap indexes).
Version of Postgresql is 7.3.3. I would like to ask how I can
integrate the structures and algorithms for the indexes into
the Postgresql DB. What are the C interface functions in Postgresql
to add indexes? Do I need to handle things like memory buffer
management, disk storage management when implementing the indexes?
Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Zhen Yang