Re: Foreign key constraint accepted even when not same

От Stephan Szabo
Тема Re: Foreign key constraint accepted even when not same
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, 22 Sep 2003, Jean-Christian Imbeault wrote:

> Is it right for postgres to accept a foreign key constraint when the
> type of the field is not the same as that of the foreign key?

IIRC in SQL92 it's said that they need to be the same type, but in SQL99
it says that the two types must be comparable.  We basically implement the
latter, basically using the existance of a usable equality operator as the
determination of comparable.

Сообщение: Re: sql to get the column names of a table
Сообщение: Re: sql to get the column names of a table