Re: Password encryption / SSL / SSH

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: Password encryption / SSL / SSH
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
On Sunday 21 September 2003 07:57, Mainlander wrote:
> I see in the Pgsql documentation that postgre supports password
> encryption, SSL connection and SSH tunnelling.
>
> Can the ODBC driver for Windows provide support for any of these? What
> issues are there for the use of SSL connections?
>
> I seem to recall that an earlier ODBC driver couldn't support password
> encryption because the server admin said that they had to turn it off for
> non-local logins.

Perhaps search the archives for a post by Matthew Nuzum regarding this. He
worked through doing the same thing and was kind enough to write up some
notes. The notes should be posted on techdocs somewhere, but if you can't
find them, let me know and I should still have a copy lurking on a backup
somewhere.

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd