Re: Question about connection java and Postgresql in Linux

От Paul Thomas
Тема Re: Question about connection java and Postgresql in Linux
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 20/09/2003 15:23 DN wrote:
> I am trying to use Redhat Linux 9, J2sdk 1.4.2 and Postgresql 7.3.2 to
> do my setting. But, I cannot access the database to set/get data
> through the java program. Please help give me some suggestions.
> Here is what my setting and problems:
> http://hk.geocities.com/daisy_nhy/java_postgresql2.html
>
> Thanks

The postgreSQL .jar file must go in common/lib _not_ share/lib. Two other
things:

1) have you enabled tcpip on the postmaster by seting

tcpip_socket = true

in /var/lib/pgsql/data/postgresql.conf

2) have you edited /var/lib/pgsql/data/pg_hba.conf to un-comment the line

# host  all   all  127.0.0.1   255.255.255.255  trust

because if you haven't done both of these, you won't be able to connect
from Java.

And before anybody jumps in, I'll just point out that the "host" line is
far too permissive to be used in production but if you're just starting
out experimenting with PostgreSQL and Java, it's one less thing to have to
worry about for now.

HTH

--
Paul Thomas