Re: This mail list and its policies

От nolan@celery.tssi.com
Тема Re: This mail list and its policies
Дата
Re: This mail list and its policies  (Bruno Wolff III <bruno@wolff.to>)
Список pgsql-general
>     Just run IMAP. That way all the mail stay one the server. Your
> system will just grab the headers and you can delete as required.
> Also you could installed something like spamassassin on the server (if
> you  ISP) will let you.

IMAP does not necesarly keep the mail on the server and doesn't help much
if I'm running an internal IMAP server anyway.

Also, I DO run spamassassin here, and it is finding only perhaps 10-20%
of the copies of the most recent worm.  I think it sends out copies that
are sufficiently different from each other that it bypasses all the
checks, including a Bayesian filter.

I'm also receiving more copies of it at an address that has NEVER been
used for postgresql lists than at this address, so I don't really
think 'harvesting' of addresses from this list or its usenet echo is a
significant factor in the propagation of this mess.  (That address
got 120 copies of STEN since midnight, amounting to over 16 MB of mail.)

I hope there is a special corner of hell reserved for spammers and an
even worse corner reserved for virus/worm writers.
--
Mike Nolan