Re: About Pgdump

От nolan@celery.tssi.com
Тема Re: About Pgdump
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> On Friday 19 September 2003 07:35, Deepa K wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >         I want to take backup of our online system on daily basis using
> > crontab. But actually the pg_hba.conf is configured with password
> > security.
> > How I can take the backup without setting password. Or is their any
> > other
> > way to take backup.
>
> Look for the .pgpass entry in the document index. You can create a private
> file containing usernames/passwords for databases.

A second possibility is to create another system and postgres account with
sufficient permissions to run the backup and both 'local' and 'ident sameuser'
in pg_hba.conf.  (That's how I have the postgres account set up.)

Then run the backup via cron.  You can also use that account to run
periodic vacuums.
--
Mike Nolan