Re: State of Beta 2

От Marc G. Fournier
Тема Re: State of Beta 2
Дата
Re: State of Beta 2  (Lamar Owen <lowen@pari.edu>)
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, 18 Sep 2003, Lamar Owen wrote:

> > Huh?  I have no disagreement that upgrading is a key feature that we are
> > lacking ... but, if there are any *on disk* changes between releases, how
> > do you propose 'in place upgrades'?
>
> RTA.  It's been hashed, rehashed, and hashed again.  I've asked twice if
> eRserver can replicate a 7.3 database onto a 7.4 server (or a 7.2 onto a
> 7.3); that question has yet to be answered.

'K, I had already answered it as part of this thread when I suggested
doing exactly that ... in response to which several ppl questioned the
feasibility of setting up a duplicate system with >1TB of disk space to do
the replication over to ...

See: http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2003-09/msg00886.php