Re: Attempt at work around of int4 query won't touch int8 index ...

От Paul Thomas
Тема Re: Attempt at work around of int4 query won't touch int8 index ...
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On 15/09/2003 08:42 Shridhar Daithankar wrote:

> Is it possible to follow data type upgrade model in planner?  Something
> like in
> C/C++ where data types are promoted upwards to find out better plan?
>
> int2->int4->int8->float4->float8 types.
>
>  That could be a clean solution..
>
> just a thought..

Interestingly, float8 indexes do work OK (float8col = 99). I spend a large
part of yesterday grepping through the sources to try and find out why
this should be so. No luck so far but I'm going to keep on trying!

--
Paul Thomas
Business |
| Computer Consultants         |