Re: FreeBSD Thread-safe functions ...

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: FreeBSD Thread-safe functions ...
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org> writes:
> > FreeBSD 5.x has a getpwuid_r function that should be used ... and, the
> > word I got from one of the developers was that getaddrinfo(3) should be
> > used instead of gethostbyname ...
>
> Hm.  A quick grep shows that our *only* use of gethostbyname is in
> src/port/getaddrinfo.c.  Seems like we should omit this "porting
> requirement" on platforms that have getaddrinfo.

See the post I just made --- fe-secure.c calls pqGethostbyname(), and
that should be converted to getaddrinfo --- once that is done, we can
omit the test on platforms with getaddrinfo() as you indicated.

Can someone handle this.  I am heading to Mexico tomorrow.  I an adjust
the test script when I return but I would like to see fe-secure.c
adjusted.

Pennsylvania19073