Re: Need NetBSD thread tester

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Need NetBSD thread tester
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Larry Rosenman wrote:
> > Wow, that is strange.  Someone else told me NetBSD supports threads, and
> > doesn't need any special compile flags, but of course, it has to have
> > pthread.h to support threads.  NetBSD 1.6.1 is very current, so it isn't
> > an old OS.
> >
> > Can you compile if you remove the pthread.h include?  No special compile
> > flags should be required.
> Nope......
>

> $ vi test*
> $ cc -O -o test_thread_funcs test_thread_funcs.c
> test_thread_funcs.c: In function `main':
> test_thread_funcs.c:50: `pthread_t' undeclared (first use in this function)
> test_thread_funcs.c:50: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> test_thread_funcs.c:50: for each function it appears in.)
> test_thread_funcs.c:50: parse error before `thread1'
> test_thread_funcs.c:59: `thread1' undeclared (first use in this function)
> test_thread_funcs.c:60: `thread2' undeclared (first use in this function)
> $

There a pthrads package you have to install, (pkgsrc/devel/pth):

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=netbsd+threads+pthread.h&start=30&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&selm=bhio3i%24cnp%241%40FreeBSD.csie.NCTU.edu.tw&rnum=35

Seems 2.0 will have native threads support.  Now, how does this relate
to libc's thread-safeness?

Pennsylvania19073

От: "Matthew T. O'Connor"
Сообщение: Re: Another small bug (pg_autovacuum)