Re: Need NetBSD thread tester

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Need NetBSD thread tester
Дата
Re: Need NetBSD thread tester  ("Thomas T. Thai" <tom@minnesota.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Larry Rosenman wrote:
-- Start of PGP signed section.

> --On Friday, September 12, 2003 12:18:52 -0400 Bruce Momjian
> <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us> wrote:
>

> > I need someone running NetBSD to read the top of
> > src/tools/test_thread_funcs.c and compile and run that function and
> > report the results.
> >
> I have access to one NetBSD system on an Alpha:
>
> $ uname -a
> NetBSD milo.cirr.com 1.6.1_STABLE NetBSD 1.6.1_STABLE (MILO) #1: Sun Jun  1
> 20:44:15 CDT 2003
> eric@milo.cirr.com:/rmt/.amd/egsner/root/work/eric/NetBSD-1.6/src/sys/arch/
> alpha/compile/MILO alpha
> $ cc -O -o test_thread_funcs test_thread_funcs.c
> test_thread_funcs.c:27: pthread.h: No such file or directory
> $ cc -O -pthread -o test_thread_funcs test_thread_funcs.c
> cc: unrecognized option `-pthread'
> test_thread_funcs.c:27: pthread.h: No such file or directory
> $ cc -O -pthreads -o test_thread_funcs test_thread_funcs.c
> cc: unrecognized option `-pthreads'
> test_thread_funcs.c:27: pthread.h: No such file or directory
> $ locate pthread.h

Wow, that is strange.  Someone else told me NetBSD supports threads, and
doesn't need any special compile flags, but of course, it has to have
pthread.h to support threads.  NetBSD 1.6.1 is very current, so it isn't
an old OS.

Can you compile if you remove the pthread.h include?  No special compile
flags should be required.

Pennsylvania19073