Re: Win32 native port

От Jason Tishler
Тема Re: Win32 native port
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Sep 12, 2003 at 08:57:16AM -0400, Merlin Moncure wrote:
> Here: http://unxutils.sourceforge.net/ are ports of several unix
> utility programs (including bison and flex) for win32.  From my
> experiences compiling the Peer Direct port, this is the easiest way to
> get started.

OK, I'll throw my hat in the ring... :,)

I recommend using Cygwin in -mno-cygwin (aka Mingw) mode for the
following reasons:

    1. Using Cygwin gcc -mno-cygwin mode produces native Win32
       applications (i.e., do not depending on the Cygwin DLL)
       that are not affected by the Cygwin license.

    2. Using Cygwin as the Win32 build environment will facilitate
       keeping the Unix and Win32 build environments as similar as
       possible.  For example:

           a. Posix path can be used for both environments
           b. symlinks can be used for both environments

    3. Cygwin provides all the necessary tools (e.g., bison and flex).

Jason