Re: Table OraclexPostgresql

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: Table OraclexPostgresql
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Friday 12 September 2003 12:41, Jose-Lopes Antunes wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I migrated  one table from oracle to postgresql. I used a PgadminII. But
> the table allocated, in Oracle, 152MB and in Postgresql , after migration,
> the space was 568MB.
> Anybody help me?

Well, PG's files are named after the OID of the sytem object
(database/table/index) they hold. You can look this up in the system tables
or there is an oid2name tool in the contrib/ directory of the source distro.

You will also want to read Ch11 in the Administrator's guide.

You might want to try a VACUUM FULL of the table, and perhaps REINDEX to
reclaim any unused space.

HTH
--
  Richard Huxton