Re: Trouble with error message encoding

От Darko Prenosil
Тема Re: Trouble with error message encoding
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thursday 11 September 2003 20:13, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Darko Prenosil writes:
> > Here is the idea: there is problem to find out in which encoding is using
> > mo file, but we can force gettext to serve known encoding for example
> > utf8. After that we can always convert from unicode to client encoding.
>
> Hmm, I've never heard of bind_textdomain_codeset().  How portable is it?

I send message Yesterday, but it looks like it did not make through.

See: http://www.gnu.org/manual/gettext/
It is according to that documentation standard part of GNU gettext.
Few Gnome applications are using it - saw that on mailing lists.
Also I did found it in UNIX gettext package documentation.
I do not know about other platforms.
Sorry if You already got previous message, but I do not see it on the list.

P.S. I messed up that line in elog.c, because conversion should go from utf8
source, but You understand the idea.

Regards