Re: State of Beta 2

От Marc G. Fournier
Тема Re: State of Beta 2
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> I haven't had a chance to sit down and do any exhaustive testing yet and
> don't think I will for a while.  That said, once 7.4 goes gold, I'm
> going to provide databases/postgresql-devel with a tunable that will
> allow people to choose what block size they would like (4k, 8K, 16K,
> 32K, or 64K) when they build the port.

If you do this, you *have* to put in a very very big warning that
databases created with non-PostgreSQL-standard block sizes may not be
transferrable to a standard-PostgreSQL install ... that is Tom's major
problem, is cross-platform/system dump/restores may no work is the
database schema was designed with a 16k block size in mind ...

Сообщение: Re: Picture with Postgres and Delphi
Сообщение: Re: Picture with Postgres and Delphi