Re: TCP/IP with 7.4 beta2 broken?

От Tommi Maekitalo
Тема Re: TCP/IP with 7.4 beta2 broken?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

I just checked out the current CVS-version and everything is fine now on my
SuSE 8.2-box.

I set tcpip_socket in postgresql.conf to true and was able to connect to
localhost and 127.0.0.1. I added my local IPv4-netaddress to pg_hba.conf and
was able to connect to my networkadress.

Thank you.

Tommi

Am Mittwoch, 10. September 2003 06:21 schrieb Bruce Momjian:
> Are all the IPv6 issues resolved in current CVS?

> Tom Lane wrote:
> > Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> writes:
> > > OK, now we are getting somewhere. I see that this would work. It's a
> > > bit ugly, though - with this plan the sample file in both CVS and the
> > > installation won't necessarily be what actually get put in place.
> >
> > Well, like I said, it's not real pretty.  But the same is already true
> > of postgresql.conf.sample --- initdb edits that.  I don't see that
> > having it edit pg_hba.conf.sample too is so bad.
> >
> > > What if some clever installer/administrator deliberately alters their
> > > installed sample file?
> >
> > I don't think it would hurt them.  The editing will consist of a sed
> > script to comment or uncomment the line containg ::1, it wouldn't touch
> > anything else.
> >
> > > Could we get the configure script to do it instead, since it too should
> > > know about ip6 capability? (I guess then we'd have
> > > pg_hba.conf.sample.in). That strikes me as being a lot cleaner.
> >
> > Bruce and I talked about that alternative too, but we felt that it made
> > more sense to keep the processing of pg_hba.conf.sample parallel to what
> > happens to postgresql.conf.sample.  Further down the road we might need
> > initdb-time checks to decide what to do to the sample file, just as we
> > already need for postgresql.conf.sample.
> >
> >             regards, tom lane

Dr. Eckhardt + Partner GmbH
http://www.epgmbh.de