Re: 2-phase commit

От Jeroen T. Vermeulen
Тема Re: 2-phase commit
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Sep 09, 2003 at 08:38:41PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Yep, I assume PITR would be the solution for most failure cases --- very
> ugly of course.

Anything can be broken in some way, if bad luck is willing to work hard
enough.  In at least one, ah, competing company I know of, employees are
allowed by the legal people to say "assured" but not "guaranteed" for
precisely this reason.

First thing is an acceptable failure mode, then you try to narrow its
chances of occurring.  And if worst comes to worst, one example of an
acceptable failure mode is "when in danger or doubt, run in circles,
scream and shout."

Jeroen