Re: 2-phase commit

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: 2-phase commit
Дата
Re: 2-phase commit  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
I haven't seen any comment on this email.

From our previous discussion of 2-phase commit, there was concern that
the failure modes of 2-phase commit were not solvable.  However, I think
multi-master replication is going to have similar non-solvable failure
modes, yet people still want multi-master replication.

We have had several requests for 2-phase commit in the past month.  I
think we should encourage the Japanese group to continue on their
2-phase commit patch to be included in 7.5.  Yes, it will have
non-solvable failure modes, but let's discuss them and find an
appropriate way to deal with the failures.

Pennsylvania19073