Re: row level lock and table level locks

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: row level lock and table level locks
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Sep 08, 2003 at 10:17:46AM -0700, Jenny - wrote:

> >TupleTables are just temporary data structures to hold transiently
> >created tuples during execution of a query.  There's usually one for
> >each plan node.

> whats a 'plan node'?

Have you tried reading the documentation, source code and the slides of
Tom and Bruce's presentations?  They all are very valuable resources.  I
believe there's a good set of slides by Bruce in
http://developer.postgresql.org that explain these things in a general
manner.  Armed with that you can try to read the source code.

"I dream about dreams about dreams", sang the nightingale
under the pale moon (Sandman)