Re: pgsql-server/src backend/bootstrap/Tag: backen ...

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: pgsql-server/src backend/bootstrap/Tag: backen ...
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Tom Lane wrote:
> >
> > > This is only in the WIN32_DEV, where installing bison/flex is a pain.  I
> > > copy the needed files over manually when I update that CVS from HEAD.
> >
> > That's not a pain?  You don't expect that WIN32_DEV will be broken on a
> > regular basis because its derived files are out of date?
> >
> > Mind you, I do not actually give a darn whether WIN32_DEV is broken.
> > What bothers me about this is that if it's considered a good idea for
> > WIN32_DEV (whose only users, presumably, are developers clueful enough
> > to obtain the needed tools for themselves) then whenever Windows support
> > gets merged back to HEAD, we will be feeling pressure to do the same in
> > the HEAD branch.  And that is something up with which I will not put.
>
> It is just easier for them to get start.  Yea, they will need it when it
> is merged.

Also, keep in mind that in the end most folks will be building under
MinGW using a release tarball, that has those output files.  We haven't
gotten a MinGW release yet, so they have to build all the stuff.

I use my unix bison/flex to build, but other's don't have that
capability.

Сообщение: Re: pgsql-server/src backend/bootstrap/Tag: backen ...
Сообщение: Re: pgsql-server/src backend/bootstrap/Tag: backen ...