v7.4b2 : How can I use COMMENT ON for Large Objects ?

От Frank van Vugt
Тема v7.4b2 : How can I use COMMENT ON for Large Objects ?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

I noticed that the result of '\dl' in psql shows a second column
'Description'. I'd like to use that, but does anybody know how?

-> the client interface describtion in pt. 28.3 of the docs do not mention it

-> the mailinglist archives don't mention it

-> '\h comment' does not include 'large object'

-> trying 'comment on oid ... is '...'' shows this doesn't work indeed ;-)

Being able to identify what a particuler large object is used for, could prove
very usefull.

By the way, it's not like the LOB-interface is on it's way out, is it....???
It's nice to be able to avoid the escaping needed for the bytea type ;-)

TIA.

--
Best,

Frank.