Re: [osdldbt-general] Re: Prelimiary DBT-2 Test results

От markw@osdl.org
Тема Re: [osdldbt-general] Re: Prelimiary DBT-2 Test results
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On  6 Sep, Manfred Spraul wrote:
> Another question:
> Is it possible to apply patches to postgresql before a DBT-2 run, or is
> only patching the kernel supported?

The data I reported is from a test system I'm using in our lab, so I
can certainly try patches.  The current state of STP only allows patches
to the kernel, but we're moving in a direction so that other components,
like PostgreSQL can also be patched.  There is also another option.  You
can request hardware resources here at the OSDL and get remote access,
and we'd be glad to help out set up our workload, if you want to base
your tests with it.  If that's something you would be interested in all
you have to do is sign up as an associate of the OSDL (free):
http://www.osdl.org/lab_activities/be_an_associate.html

and propose a project:
http://www.osdl.org/lab_activities/lab_projects/propose_a_project.html

Mark