Re: 64-bit pgsql

От Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai
Тема Re: 64-bit pgsql
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
-On [20030905 17:52], Tom Lane (tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us) wrote:
>Actually the bug is in beta2, not beta1.  I'd suggest grabbing the
>current nightly snapshot (see /dev on the ftp servers) in preference
>to beta2, if you are on a machine with small SysV IPC limits.

Using a snapshot of September the 4th:

creating template1 database in /p/scratch/asmodai/postgresql-snapshot/src/test/r
egress/./tmp_check/data/base/1... FATAL:  could not create semaphores: No space
left on device
DETAIL:  Failed syscall was semget(4, 17, 03600).
HINT:  This error does *not* mean that you have run out of disk space.
It occurs when either the system limit for the maximum number of semaphore sets
(SEMMNI), or the system wide maximum number of semaphores (SEMMNS), would be exc
eeded.  You need to raise the respective kernel parameter.  Alternatively, reduc
e PostgreSQL's consumption of semaphores by reducing its max_connections paramet
er (currently 10).

I mean, I just want to know if you guys still want to support the low
SysV settings.  If not I just need to ask the admins of the system in
question to bump the values a bit.

Otherwise I'll keep pestering. :)

--
Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven <asmodai(at)wxs.nl> / asmodai
PGP fingerprint: 2D92 980E 45FE 2C28 9DB7  9D88 97E6 839B 2EAC 625B