Question about Scripting in Postgresql.

От Nico King
Тема Question about Scripting in Postgresql.
Дата
Список pgsql-chat
Note: forwarded message attached.

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.comHere is the problem I have some key tables that I need
to import some data into it.I can't go ahead and
write "insert into table value()"for over 40 different
tables and over 100s of rows and columns

The reason that I have to write a script to enter the
data into the tables is that what if I have to enter
1000 lines of data into 200 rows??
here is a piece of my script that works but not when I
enter lets' say a char instead of integer.
copy accounts from stdin using delimiters ',';
1,pass,mac,,,
2,pass2,mac2,ip,test
0,pass2,mac2,ip,test2
\.
P.S: also I have used the tab delimiter.

I have written a script to import some data into
my database tables, with the delimiter ','. Now my
question is sometime the data being sent to my tables
might not match the data type or be corrupted and I
receive an error message.
One: how could I prevent that?

Two: how can I proceed with importing the rest of the
data into the next record even though some are
corrupted,'cause I get intrupted as soon as there is
an error in inserting the data?