Re: Crosstab function Problem

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: Crosstab function Problem
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wednesday 03 September 2003 01:13, Kuldeep Tanna wrote:
> Hi,
>     I am having problem using the crosstab function ( which is under the
> contrib/tablefunc directory). I have installed the tablefunc module and
> also installed the functions into my DB. I am using postgresql 7.4 beta
> version.
>
> I am issuing the following query,
[snip]
> I am getting the following error message.
>     No function matches the given name and argument types. You may need to
> add explicit typecasts.

From psql try:

\df cross*

This should list all functions starting with "cross" - if you don't see it,
the installation didn't work. If it is there, try casting the parameters:

SELECT * FROM crosstab('...'::text,3) AS...

That's assuming it takes a text for the first param, I suppose it could be
varchar.
--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd