Re: TCP/IP with 7.4 beta2 broken?

От Kurt Roeckx
Тема Re: TCP/IP with 7.4 beta2 broken?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Sep 04, 2003 at 07:18:57PM +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Tom Lane writes:

> > > Can we allow the IPv6 entries to be in pg_hba.conf but ignore them on
> > > non-IPv6 machines, or allow the connection to fail?
> >
> > I don't see a good way yet.  The fly in the ointment is that HAVE_IPV6
> > is set by configure based on the capabilities of userland libraries;
> > we cannot assume that HAVE_IPV6 means the kernel knows IPv6.  But if
> > we simply suppress failure messages on IPv6 addresses, we are going to
> > create severe headaches for people who are actually using IPv6.
>
> What is the problem?  Is it that a non-IPv6 enabled postmaster is unable
> to identify or parse valid IPv6 address specifications?  In that case,
> we need to provide some substitute routines.

Our replacement getaddrinfo can only read IPv4 addresses.

If we need to make it support IPv6 addresses too, we need to
define our own struct sockaddr_in6 and AF_INET6, and always use
our own version and not the one from the system libs if it has
any.

There probably is no need for our getaddrinfo replacement
function to try to resolve to IPv6 addresses, so it shouldn't be
that hard.

Kurt