Re: Errors with 7.3.4-2 after upgrade from 7.3.4-1

От Jason Tishler
Тема Re: Errors with 7.3.4-2 after upgrade from 7.3.4-1
Дата
Список pgsql-cygwin
Mike,

On Wed, Sep 03, 2003 at 12:08:07AM -0500, Mike G wrote:
> When I tried to restart the postmaster it would start and then stop
> with IpcSemaphore errors(function not yet implemented).  I don't have
> the exact error message anymore sorry.

The above sounds like a version mismatch between postgresql and cygipc.
If you are running postgresql 7.3.4-2 then you must run cygipc 2.01-2.
Did you forget to start ipc-daemon2?

> No matter how many times I reset the password of my postgres
> account(in a bash shell) I could not log into the account in a bash
> shell.  I could log in under the postgres account via the windows
> login though. I was not connected to my domain server when I did the
> upgrade but I wouldn't think that would make a difference.

The above is not possible -- i.e., su and login do *not* work under
Cygwin except under very privileged accounts (e.g., LocalSystem).  Use
ssh (e.g., ssh postgres@localhost) instead to simulate su.

Jason