Stats Collector Error 7.4beta1 and 7.4beta2

От Adam Kavan
Тема Stats Collector Error 7.4beta1 and 7.4beta2
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I was attempting to get pg_autovacuum to work on my database and after much hammering at it I discovered that the stats
systemwas not working.  I tried it with both 7.4beta1 and 7.4beta2 in both cases the number of tuples inserted, deleted
andupdated remained at 0 no matter what database activity occured.

Matthew T. O'Connor looked at my system recompiled postgres, and checked my config files and was unable to solve my
problem.

I am using a default install of RedHat 9.0 on a VIA Samuel 2 processor.  Anyone have any ideas what could be causing my
problem? I have had hardware problems in the past but this is a new machine that I ran memtest86 and badblocks with the
destructivetests on before I installed so I'm pretty sure thats not the issue.  Additionally I made a copy of the hard
driveand placed it in another server and saw the same thing happen.

I did not have this problem with 7.3.3 so I think it has something to do with 7.4.

--- Adam Kavan--- akavan@cox.net

--- Adam Kavan
--- American Amuesments
--- akavan@cox.net